Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Fire causes about $10,000 damage to garage

iStock/flukesamed

A garage fire Sunday night in Grand Forks caused about $10,000 in damage.

A press release from the Grand Forks Fire Department said firefighters were called to 618 N. Fifth St. around 8:05 p.m. Sunday and found the garage was on fire.

Firefighters extinguished the flames, but there is about $10,000 worth of damage to the structure and contents, the release said. The fire started when an electrical cord to the block heater failed and lit nearby things on fire, the release said.

randomness